What are the factors that affecting the climate of a place?
Factors that affect the climate of a place:
- Latitude. …
- Elevation. …
- Ocean Currents. …
- Topography. …
- Vegetation. …
- Prevailing winds.
What are the factors affecting the climate of India class 9 geography?
2) ALTITUDE – As we go higher, temperature generally decreases (From equator to poles) as the atmosphere becomes less dense. 3) PRESSURE AND WIND SYSTEM – They depend on the latitude and altitude of a place, thus influencing the rainfall patterns. 4) DISTANCE FROM SEA – The sea has a moderating effect on the climate.
What are the 5 factors that affect the climate of a place?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What factors does the climate of a place depends on Class 7?
Answer: Climate of a place depends on distance from the equator or latitude, height above the sea level or altitude and distance from the sea and distance from the mountains.
What are the factors that affect the climate of a place in India?
Factors Influencing Indian Climate
- Latitudinal location.
- Distance from the Sea.
- The Himalayas.
- Monsoon Winds.
- Upper Air Circulation.
- El Nino and La Nina.
- Tropical Cyclones and Western Disturbances.
What is the factors affecting India’s climate?
Latitude, attitude, pressure and winds are factors that influence the India’s climate. The Tropic of Cancer passes through the middle of the country from the Rann of Kuchchh in the west to Mizoram in the east.
What are the 3 main factors that affect climate?
3.1 Factors affecting climate
- distance from the sea.
- ocean currents.
- direction of prevailing winds.
- shape of the land (known as ‘relief’ or ‘topography’)
- distance from the equator.
- the El Niño phenomenon.
What are the 8 factors that affect climate?
Factors that Influence Climate
- Elevation or Altitude effect climate. Normally, climatic conditions become colder as altitude increases. …
- Prevailing global wind patterns. …
- Topography. …
- Effects of Geography. …
- Surface of the Earth. …
- Climate change over time.
What are the major controls affecting the climate of a place?
There are six major controls of the climate of an area. These factors are latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
What do you mean by climate of a place Class 7?
Climate is statistical weather data that gives information about the average weather condition of a specific place over a long period. … The climate is the long term observances of the atmospheric situations at any area like humidity, temperature, the sunshine, wind, etc.
What is climate Class 7 very short answer?
Answer: Climate is the average weather pattern taken over a long time, of a place so it is easy to predict.
What is climate in geography for Class 7?
The average weather condition of a place for a longer period of time represents the climate of a place.