Right-click the desktop. Select Personalize in the pop-up menu. In the Personalize appearance and sounds window, click the Change desktop icons link on the left side. Uncheck the Recycle Bin box and click OK.
Can I remove desktop Recycle Bin?
Removing the Recycle Bin from your desktop
Right click your desktop and navigate to Personalize > Go to Themes > Desktop icon settings, which will launch a window that lets you add, remove or change icons on your desktop. Uncheck Recycle Bin if you’d like to get rid of it and click OK.
How do I get rid of Recycle Bin?
Empty the Recycle Bin
- Tap Menu > Recycle bin. ( For Windows 8 or 8.1, tap Menu. > Settings > Accounts. Select the account, then tap View Recycle Bin.)
- In the Recycle Bin view, select the files you want to delete.
- Tap Delete. to remove the files permanently.
Can I delete Recycle Bin Shortcut?
How to Remove the Recycle Bin From the Desktop in Windows 10. To remove the shortcut, go to your desktop and right-click on an empty area to access the context menu. … In the Desktop Icon Setting window, uncheck the Recycle Bin option. Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
What happens if you remove Recycle Bin?
Even if you immediately empty the Recycle Bin or Trash folder, all your deletion does is earmark the space that file takes up on your hard drive as vacant. Until another file or application comes along to make use of that room, the old data will remain.
How do I remove the Recycle Bin from my desktop Windows 10?
In “Desktop Icon Settings,” you’ll see small checkboxes for a few Desktop icons. Uncheck the “Recycle Bin” box, then hit “Apply.” The icon will be removed from your Windows 10 computer screen.
How do I empty Recycle Bin in Windows 10?
Empty the Recycle Bin in Windows 10
- Find the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop.
- Right click (or press and hold) and select Empty Recycle Bin.
How do I permanently delete files from my PC?
Using the Eraser to permanently delete files
- To erase a file or folder, right-click the file or folder, hover over Eraser, and then click Erase. …
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to erase the selected items.
- A notification appears in the system notification area when the task is complete.
How long do things stay in Recycle Bin Windows 10?
By default, items in the Recycle Bin are deleted automatically after 30 days.
How do I remove folders from my desktop?
Deleting a Shortcut on Windows
First, highlight the icon you want to remove by clicking on it. From here, you can either press “Delete,” right-click the icon and choose “Delete” from the options that appear, or click and drag the icon to your recycle bin.